How do I return an item?
You may return an item – for any reason – if it is unused and in its original condition and it is within 60 days of your receipt of purchase for a full credit, less a $20.00 restocking fee to cover shipping and warehouse charges incurred by Oughton in processing your order. Orders sent via overnight, 2day or 3day UPS will not be credited their shipping. No bags that have been customized with a halter plate may be returned. To return an item, please send back via UPS to our warehouse address with the box clearly marked with the RMA (R-yourordernumber) and inside please include: Order Name, Order Number, Item Returning and Reason for Return.
Item must be returned new, unused and with all tags still attached. Used merchandise cannot be returned unless item is deemed defective (see warranty). Only item(s) purchased from Oughton Limited may be returned to Oughton Limited. All correctly returned products will be refunded the purchaser’s credit card or for merchandise credit and will exclude shipping costs. (Outside the US customs duties and sales taxes may not be refundable and you must contact the local customs broker directly).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call customer service at 802.236.3780 with any questions.
Return merchandise with RA number must be written on outside of box.
Please send via UPS to OUGHTON LIMITED c/o Hardpack, One Tennis Way, East Dorset VT 05253 802.362.2905
If you do not have access to UPS, you may use the USPS, however please use the following return address: OUGHTON LIMITED c/o Hardpack PO Box 730 East Dorset VT 05253
We are very excited to now offer FREE GROUND SHIPPING within the US, via UPS. Orders received before 2p M-F will go out same day [unless plating has been requested which adds approximately 2 weeks]. Orders received after 2p M-F will go out the next business day. When your order has been shipped via UPS you will receive an email with tracking information so that you will be able to track your bag in transit. We can only ship to one address per order. Separate addresses will need to be made into separate orders.
What makes Oughton Limited bags better?
Superb product quality is our top priority.
- Handbags and most small leather goods are made by hand in Florence Italy, using all Italian fabric and leather, by a factory that has counted most major luxury brands as clients and currently makes for Balmain, Barneys and others. We are the smallest company this venerable factory has ever made for and feel very lucky for our good fortune.
- The larger bags (carry-alls, totes, overnights and rolling luggage) are made in factory in Central America that currently makes for T. Anthony, Tumi, Filson and Hartmann.
- The original intent of the line was to create a collection in the middle ground between T Anthony’s Park Avenue set and the more rugged Filson – we set out to create a line inspired by and equal to the well-travelled and worldly equestrian lifestyle.
We choose our raw materials very carefully:
- RiRi brass zippers: made by hand in Switzerland, RiRi is considered the Rolls Royce of zippers. Although one zipper can cost as much as $22 (at cost!) we feel that is no place to skimp.
- Fabric: We use 3 major mills for our fabrics: two in Italy and one in the US.
- Waxed Canvas: A real heritage product, our dark brown waxed canvas is made by the same US mill that made ponchos for US soldiers during the Civil War.
- Carteret Tweed: designed for Spring, Summer and Fall we wanted something that would pair with jeans, breeches or a linen suit depending on the day. Woven for us in Florence Italy.
- Maude Collection: a classic Italian tight-weave canvas woven in Florence Italy.
- Phony Pony fabric: We source this fabulous fabric from an Italian mill on the shores of Lake Como that currently provides all the fabric to luxury houses such as LVMH, Prada, Hermes, Gucci etc.
- Linings: all linings (except those that are nylon) are also Italian.
- Leather: Leathergoods from Italy are truly different as it is a closely regulated and monitored industry with tanneries competing for special approvals and designations. Our leathers come from the very top tier veg-tanned tanneries in Italy.
Where are these bags made?
The Small Leather Goods (SLG) and Handbags are made by hand in a venerable factory in Florence Italy that has been in business for close to a century and has made for many of the top international luxury houses over the years. It is because of these alliances, hard-won over the years for sure, that we can offer you, our valued customer, top-of-the-line luxury quality at a much more affordable price. Larger totes, packing cases and rolling luggage are made in central america at a factory that also currently makes for venerable brands such as T Anthony, Tumi and others. Our signature line uses Sheltertent brand Waxwear fabric (originally designed for the US Army).
What do I do if my item is damaged or defective?
Please let us know immediately. Please fill out the contact us form, clearly denoting that you received damaged goods. If it appeared to be damaged in shipping please mention that. Also include your Order Name, Order Number, Item Returning and Reason for Return. We will email you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) # and an RMA form that should be printed out and enclosed, with your item, in the returning box. This is critical for correct processing of your credit. In the case of damaged or defective goods you will be credited for shipping as well. Please ship back to Oughton Limited, c/o Hardpack Distributors, One Tennis Way, East Dorset, VT 05253.
How do I care for my bags?
Waxed canvas should not be washed, laundered or dry cleaned. Detergents will remove the waxed finish. Periodically simply take a stiff horse brush and briskly brush bag. Or, use water and a stiff brush for more stubborn dirt marks. For stains, use mild soap and water. When left in the sun, wax redistributes and bag will ‘refinish’ itself. Don’t baby your bag – it will look better with age!
How do I contact customer service?
Email or call us! Email email@example.com or call Daphne at 802.236.3780.
Where can I go to see these bags in person?
Our line is, in parts, at select retailers throughout the country. We also exhibit at certain shows. Our remaining 2016 schedule includes:
July 1st, trunk show at Lake Placid Horse Show
Sept 14-18, Stand at the American Gold Cup at Old Salem Horse Show
We add more dates all the time. Please sign up for our email list so you can be updated as to new products, new pop-up dates etc. Also, if you see something on our website that you like, with free shipping there is little risk to you as we will take it back if you are not 100% satisfied.
I want to purchase something as a gift, can you enclose a gift card?
Yes! At checkout, there will be instructions to denote that it is a gift in the comments field and to fill in a gift message. For a gift, no invoice is enclosed in the box (invoice will be emailed to you at checkout). An Oughton Limited gift card, with your message handwritten inside, will be strung through the drawstrings of the Oughton Limited dust bag. It’s a nice presentation.